Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sayonara, Santa.

I am so proud of myself... I finally took the last of the Christmas decorations upstairs. Yes, really, Christmas. As soon as I took everything upstairs, I spotted yet another Santa on a shelf in the dining room.  Sayonara, Santa. I bet there's a snowman around here somewhere, but I will find him. Hopefully before August.

I actually took the WHOLE  WEEKEND OFF for the first time since...  probably since we went on vacation to the Black Hills last July. Well, I was kinda forced to take the weekend off. I had a baby shower out of town to attend on Saturday, and a birthday party to host here on Sunday afternoon. But I'm so glad I did! I've been burning the candle at both ends for months on end with project after project, most of them not projects I really wanted to be doing. I was due for a recharge! I got flowers planted, my kitchen is the cleanest it's been in weeks--even the freezer is cleaned out.  I played catch with Treva. We put the tent up in the backyard just for fun. I held my chickens. I held the kittens. I read. I think I even might have even gotten bored for just a millisecond.

It made me realize that I haven't really had much ME time for the past couple years. I have one more big project to finish up--getting my house ready to sell to put on the market--then it's back to spending as much time as I can at home annoying my loves, and working on all the projects I WANT to do, like getting my "Creative Cabin" built and (eek!) organized. I am bound and determined to have an organized, relaxing, funky junked, fun place to do my creating.  So if any of you have ideas for creative, organized workspaces, please share!  Anyone who knows me knows that I need help in the "organized" department. What's the saying?  "I'm creative. I can't be expected to be organized too."  Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment